Our service is provided by a team of qualified and experienced specialist nurses, counsellors and care assistants, supported by providers of clerical, financial and administrative services. To keep indirect costs as low as possible, staff work from their own homes, meeting regularly to discuss individual cases. The Board of Trustees and the Management Committee (with responsibility for day to day operations) also meet regularly.
Patients who are referred to us are assessed by one of our nurses, who will visit the patient and their family, and also contact other healthcare professionals involved, particularly the GP and District Nurse, to assess the type and degree of care required and how this may best be provided. A care plan is drawn up with the patient and care arranged, with one named carer appointed to take overall responsibility in each case.
Anyone may refer a patient to us, but normally it is not possible to take on the care of any patient without the agreement of their GP.
- To provide a full supportive hands-on nursing service for patients suffering from cancer, or other life-threatening conditions, within their own homes.
- To provide counselling and bereavement support without charge to patients, or their families and to provide them in close consultation with other care professionals, particularly the patient’s GP.
- To provide supportive palliative care to ensure the highest possible quality of remaining life for all patients and their families.
- To provide such services in accordance with need, irrespective of wealth, gender, ethnic origin, or religious persuasion.
- To provide services in such a way as to build personal relationships between patients and their carers and to provide every patient with a named carer having overall responsibility for their welfare.
“Palliative care” – Palliative Care offers help in the form of control of unpleasant symptoms without seeking to cure.
- The Rosemary Foundation acknowledges that every person is of immense value and this requires the utmost courtesy and consideration in all matters.
- Clients and their families in the care of The Rosemary Fondation will receive professional attention that has been thoughtfully planned in consultation with all interested parties to suit their particular needs.
- The Rosemary Foundation will support the client, his or her family and carers from the first referral and for as long as is needed.